John Bednarz, P.C. | Divorce & Family Law Attorney
View Practice Areas
Relax and meet John

May 2019 Archives

Can I get the other parent to help with extracurriculars?

Many parents in Phoenix would acknowledge that extracurricular activities, like sports, music and the like, are good for their children. They are indeed often a critical part of a child's education, as they give the kids the necessary skills and knowledge to become accomplished and happy adults.

What is an equalization payment?

As Arizona is a community property state, courts in the Phoenix area often split marital property evenly in a divorce or permanent separation. For a variety of reasons, however, it may not be feasible to divide property literally in half between the two spouses. For instance, one spouse may really want to keep the family residence for a number of reasons, as opposed to just selling it. In other cases, one spouse may be involved in a family business and want to remain involved in that business.